Home is more than mere shelter; it is our cocoon where we can unwind and nurture ourselves. The more time we spend indoors, the more we feel the need for new and innovative ideas to decorate our home.
If you are planning to renovate or move into a new apartment soon, here are a few apartment living room ideas for Indian homes that will be helpful.
- Comfort first – Living rooms have a major focus on comfort nowadays. Comfy textiles, soft edges, earthy neutrals, and organic prints are the latest trend when it comes to decorating your living room. It is essentially a place to sit back and relax, so plush sofas that invite you to sink in with your favourite book are a must-have. Throw in a bean bag and some fluffy cushions and you are all set to go.
- Functional furniture – The pandemic has changed our way of living altogether and this is visible at home too. Our home now doubles up as our office too since work from home is the new trend as well as necessity. The living room is also used as an office space or for kids to attend online classes. Thus, we need spaces and furniture that are flexible and can be used for work whenever required. A highchair and a table adjusted in one corner can be used for work by both kids and adults.
- Add Texture – Look out for subtle textures rather than bold patterns that sometimes look very formal. Subtle shades add character and warmth to your living room and put you at ease instantly. A large jute rug or a seagrass basket can make all the difference!
- Spruce up the Walls – An empty living room wall offers endless possibilities to play with. Although there is no specific way to design a wall a great wall décor can instantly transform the overall look of your living room. You can put up one large piece of art that becomes the focal point of the room or put-up multiple photo frames and small paintings according to your taste. You can even hang mirrors of different shapes. They give a spacious look to your living room. Wall-mounted plants are another way of catching attention.
- Add Personality to your living room – No matter how beautiful your living room furniture is, if you don’t accessorise it well, all your efforts might go in vain. Throw in some bright cushions on the neutral-coloured sofa to brighten up the look. Buy an attractive coffee table and put one or two of your favourite books that reflect your personality. You can even put a book rack or have a bookshelf on one wall if you are an avid reader.
- Lighting – Proper lighting is an important aspect of any décor. Along with artificial lighting, natural lighting should also be considered while decorating your living room. Wall lamps, ceiling lights, and floor lamps can be used to complement the natural light.
If you live in a small apartment, you probably have a single compact living area. But don’t worry, it’s hardly a setback. Here are countless decor ideas for a small living room in India that will make it as functional and appealing as possible.
The living room should be decorated in such a manner that you feel at ease instantly. Consider these apartment living room décor ideas along with your creativity to decorate your living room in a classy manner.