The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisan Yojana) is a government scheme that is introduced on 1st December 2018; it was launched by prime minister Narendra Modi-led government, in this Yojana government provides up to Rs 6,000 per year in basic income support to all small and marginal farmers. This 75,000-crore enterprise will benefit 125 million farmers in India, according to their landholding size.
Main motive of the PM-Kisan Yojana
All the farmer family members across the country receive an annual income support of Rs 6000 in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 every four months under the PM Kisan Yojana. The method systemized a family as involve of a husband, minor children and wife. The Rs 2,000 is instantly transferred to the farmers’/farmer’s family’s bank accounts.
Eligibility Criteria for the PM-Kisan Samman Yojana
- Farmers from any Indian state are eligible to participate in this program. (Previously, Income Support was only available to farmer families with up to 2 hectares of cultivable land.) However, the BJP committed in its 2019 election campaign to expand the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana to all 14.5 Crore farmers, regardless of land size).
- To be eligible for the benefit, farmers must hold a savings account or a Jan-Dhan account. The installments will be deposited into the bank accounts directly.
- Multi-tasking employees, as well as government personnel in Classes IV and D, are eligible.
Farmers who are not eligible for PM-Kisan Nidhi Yojana
- All institutional land owners, and former as well as member of current constitutional office holders are not eligible for kisan Yojana.
- Former and current Members of the Member of Lok Sabha/ Member of Rajya Sabha/ Member of State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and current Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats also not eligible.
- If a farmer retired officer from government job and workers of Central government/ State Government Ministries/ Offices/Departments and their area units, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices/ Autonomous Institutions under Government, as well as regular employees of Local Bodies (except these some positions Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) are eligible.
- All tax pay people who paid income tax in the last assessment year.
- Professionals such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants, and architects are members of professional background and practice their profession are not able to apply for this scheme.
How can farmers apply for PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Farmers can apply for the PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana by visiting the official website, pmkisan.gov.in. Farmers can also go to the nearest Common Services Centers (CSC) and apply for the PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna, or they can go to the Nodal Officer of PM-Kisan Yojna appointed by the state government.
Important Documents for PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Permanent address proof
- certificate of cultivator
- Aadhar card with tested
- pan card
- copy of agriculture account
- passport size photo
- All bank account details
- Tested Income certificate
What are the advantages of PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana for farmers?
All landholding farmers’ families will receive a financial benefit of Rs 60,000 per year under the PM-KISAN scheme, payable in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 each every four months. Beneficiaries’ cash benefits will be credited straight to their bank accounts under the system. Apart from it according to the study conducted by journalist government of India run many schemes like E shram and many more for the benefits of farmers.