WhatsApp has availed additional features to enable communication across various platforms. One major drawback is the app’s inability to backup and restore WhatsApp iPhone to Android data when switching smartphones. The issue is a primary caveat to many people dreading losing important chats. This article introduces the details of scenarios where you have to switch phones from iPhone to Android and the tools you can use other than backing up data in iCloud or Google Drive. While the WhatsApp app hasn’t solved its direct transfer issues, keep reading to discover more efficient tools to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
Occasions that Need to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Android and iOS devices have been in the market for more than a decade. Many users now choose to upgrade or downgrade depending on their preferences. In essence, you might want to:
Migrate Your Chat History to Android
Good for you if you have a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or a version that supports the transfer of WhatsApp data from iOS to Android. You will require nothing more than a functional USB cable to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to android. Unfortunately, the app hasn’t provided global solutions to other Android users owning smartphones far from Samsung. While the drawback makes it tricky to move chat history to Android, the issue is still solvable. Here’s a quick peek into how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to android Galaxy phone:
According to WhatsApp handlers, Samsung Galaxy users need to;
- Connect iPhone and Galaxy phone using the Lightning 2 USB C cable.
- Scan the prompt QR code on Samsung with iPhone.
- Click “Start” on your iPhone to initiate the transfer process.
- Finish the setup by following the steps on how to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to android on your Samsung.
- Open WhatsApp and log in with the initial phone number used on iOS and tap “Import.”
While this method limits other Android users, WhatsApp has it that the feature would be extended soon across other smartphones with secure and encrypted WhatsApp backup iPhone to android solutions.
switching phones to Android
Perhaps you are ready to move from WhatsApp iOS to android. Regardless of other reasons, you will need to transfer your WhatsApp to the new device successfully. You do not have to lose essential photos, documents, contacts, bookmarks, or videos, including your sanity. You need the ideal approach working for iOS and Android to transfer WhatsApp from iOS to android flawlessly and with the least hassle. Before scampering off, keep reading to explore primary tools for moving WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to Android.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android
All Android and iOS devices do not have compatible WhatsApp transfer solutions. You can borrow help from various sources that suggest how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to android. Some include:
Dr. Fone- WhatsApp Transfer
Many people go for the most ideal and absolute approaches like Dr. Fone- WhatsApp Transfer to cater to their iOS to Android needs. The application is manageable to use in a fast-paced era to save quality time and energy. It is also reliable and easy to restore WhatsApp data to your target device without compromising the quality. Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer is also convenient for transferring iTunes backup directly to Android
Email Chat sends your WhatsApp message history to your Android email inbox, though you will view your information from your inbox but not your WhatsApp account. Depending on the history and attachments you want to send, the process might take some time to upload chats. Regardless, here’s how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to android quickly and easily using email chat:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone’s WhatsApp and click on “Email Chat” from Chat Settings.
- Choose “Attach Media” or “Without Media” on the generated pop-up prompt.
- Enter your email address and click “Send” to move WhatsApp from iPhone to android.
- Sign in to your email account on your Android to view the WhatsApp chat sent from your iPhone.
MobileTrans supports iOS and Android operating systems to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to android. It works well with major smartphone brands, including iPads and Android tablets. By taking control of your WhatsApp, MobileTrans facilitates easy usability with its primary features:
- Backup, export, and restore WhatsApp chat history to your computer.
- All data is securely encrypted to avoid risks of data leaking.
- Transfer chat history from other apps like WeChat, Viber, Line, and Kik.
- The tool does not overwrite backup files.
MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer Step by Step Guide
1. Launch MobileTrans and click WhatsApp Transfer, then Backup WhatsApp Messages
2. Connect your iPhone device to your computer to detect your WhatsApp data.
3. Click “Start” to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to android.
4. You will get a “restore completed” notification once the process is done. Next, disconnect your devices, launch WhatsApp and restore data on your phone.
From the above insight, many apps let you move WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android quickly. While several tools adequately compare, consider trying MobileTrans or Dr. Fone WhatsApp Transfer as one of the best software for your varying needs. The applications move old WhatsApp data conversations from iPads and iPhones to Android devices directly with the most functional features. You do not have to worry about missing or losing important WhatsApp messages because the tool is safe, secure, and hassle-free.