The iGaming industry has established standards for the work of gambling operators. Honest online casinos are licensed by local or global regulators. The lobby of such sites offers slots, roulette, baccarat, blackjack, poker, games with live dealers from official developers. All these platforms are tested by independent organizations. Also, online casinos undergo strict certification.
Benefits of certified operators
Site owners are interested in being verified by reputable organizations. Thus, they show their openness to customers and honesty in doing business. Based on the results of the assessment, the operator receives a certificate, which anyone can get acquainted with on the auditor’s web resource. The corresponding logo about the passed testing appears on the casino website. Cooperation with recognized auditors allows sites from the realcanadianslots.win to:
- Maintain and enhance a positive reputation in the gambling market, which leads to trust from new and regular players;
- Confirm to clients that they are honest. Based on the results of software testing, a report is provided for each type of entertainment. Users can get acquainted with it at any time;
- Resolve controversial situations with players;
- Reduce the number of inspections by other regulatory authorities. Regulators take into account the results of audits by respected organizations;
- Prove the safety of your client’s confidential data;
- Show the reliability of the system when conducting transactions;
- Confirm the house edge.
How to check casino certification?
It is easy to learn about the cooperation of operators with testing companies. To do this, just go to the bottom of the gambling site. There you can check for logos of organizations like eCOGRA. These icons are usually active, and clicking on them takes you to the auditor’s website. There you can see the report of the last check, which usually indicates:
- The validity period of the certificate;
- Date of the last test;
- One or more domains that were checked;
- The percentage of return for each type of entertainment;
- Conclusion on the operation of the random number generator and more.
Fraudulent sites try to trick customers by placing similar logos. However, they are inactive, and clicking on them does not lead to the auditor’s resource. In such cases, with a high probability, the logos are placed illegally.
At the same time, not all honest online casinos post links for verification on their website. In this case, it is worth focusing on the brands of the proposed providers, on the sites of which the checking organization is indicated. You can also ask about the audit at the gambling site support service.
What companies are checking casinos?
There are several reputable auditors who have been auditing land-based and online casino games for over ten years. Most of them work with local market regulators, test software, and develop iGaming industry standards. Some of them will be considered below.
The testing agency was established in the UK in 2003. The company is accredited to several ISO standards by the United Kingdom Service UKAS. The organization operates in many jurisdictions around the world and specializes in software certification for Internet sites. The company develops standards for the gaming industry as well. The field of the company’s activity includes the following tasks:
- Fight against scammers in the iGaming industry;
- Informing players about the reliability of operators;
- Prevention of access to gambling for minors;
- Tracking the observance of the rules in relation to the players;
- Checking the safety of the personal data of users;
- Control over payments and much more.
ECOGRA has several divisions. The approved testing agency is responsible for site testing. If the casino is verified successfully, a Safe and Fair Seal certificate is issued.
In 1989, Gaming Laboratories International appeared in New Jersey. At first, the company specialized in the certification of gambling equipment for land-based casinos in the United States. As of today, the representative offices are located in Canada, Great Britain, Macau, and the Philippines.
Many site owners organize their business according to standards developed by Gaming Laboratories International. The list of auditor’s services includes:
- Certification of slot machines, video lotteries, bingo, and card games;
- Employee training for regulators;
- Checking the security of monetary transactions and the security of players’ data;
- Auditing the operation of equipment for land-based gambling houses;
- Development and approval of standards for responsible gaming for all parties.
GLI is expanding its business, gradually acquiring competitors. One of the deals was closed in 2010 with the purchase of Technical Systems Testing. In July 2017, GLI Group announced the purchase of NMI. After the sale, the Dutch agency continued to operate under its own brand, gaining access to all jurisdictions in which the parent company operated. From 2020, NMI no longer has a separate website.
3) iTech Labs
Another reputable laboratory was founded in 2004 in Melbourne, Australia. The company has representative offices in Europe and Asia. ITech Labs has a wide range of services for software providers and online casinos. The main areas are:
- Integration testing, which allows early detection of errors in the interaction of different modules of the system;
- Audit of the RTP and analysis of the RNG;
- Platform Certification;
- Testing the performance of mobile applications.
iTech Labs has tested a wide variety of slots, providers, casino platforms worldwide.
Steps for auditing a casino and giving a certificate
Each of the reviewed laboratories is appreciated in the gambling market. Sites with the logos of these companies attract the attention of more customers. Therefore, operators who want to conduct honest business seek to be audited by one or more organizations.
Each auditor has his own verification procedures, depending on the services that are required by the site. But the main stages for testing are still similar:
- Collecting documents;
- Submitting the application;
- Consideration of the application;
- Getting the results.
With a properly collected package of documents, compliance with the requirements of the regulator, compliance of the software with the parameters of safety and honesty, the auditor decides to issue a certificate. A link to the electronic version of the document is posted on the auditor’s website. The report provides information on the date of the audit, the RTP, and the correct operation of the RNG.