Laptops for Overwatch are always under-consideration of enthusiastic players. Many questions spring to mind as an Overwatch player. If it’s the case, you’re at the right place.
You’ll get answers to all your questions here. We’ll be ending all your confusions through this quick guide for Overwatch laptops. With no further delay, let’s begin with this 5 min read.
What is Overwatch? Know before Discussing Laptops for Overwatch.
Overwatch is a multiplayer game with first-person. The publisher Blizzard Entertainment has published and maintained this game. In a team-based adventure, the two teams compete and fight against each other to accomplish a broad range of objectives.
The game is often referred to as the “hero shooter” since each player can select a hero in every match. Currently, 30 characters are available to choose from. These characters have been categorized into three different types, namely tank, damage, and support.
You can select any of the types according to your play style. What makes this game unique compared to other shooter games is its cartoon-like theme.
What are the Laptop Requirements to Run Overwatch?
While Overwatch works fine with the above-mentioned specifications. So, the recommended specifications for:
- Operating System is Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack);
- Processor are Intel® Core™ i5, AMD Phenom™ II X3, or a better processor;
- Graphics are NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950, or a better graphics card;
- Memory is 6 GB Random Access Memory or more.
Can You Run Overwatch on Any Laptop?
For most laptops, the game looks fine. If you have an older laptop and don’t want to replace it, you can play the game at its lowest settings. However, playing on the lowest settings can’t give you the best visual experience.
But we have good news for you. You don’t need to buy the latest gaming laptop to run Overwatch. You don’t necessarily need a graphics card either.
According to Blizzard, you can run the game perfectly with an Intel HD Graphics 4400, an integrated video processor that Intel builds into most of the CPU chipsets that come in the cheapest laptops of today.
The good news is you can keep up with the competition on these machines; the game performs so well.
What are the Minimum Laptop Requirements to Run Overwatch
Currently, these are the minimum laptop requirements to run Overwatch. However, these requirements are subject to change over time because the game is actively being developed by the publisher.
- The operating system should be Windows® 7
- The processor should be Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650
- Graphics must be NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- Memory must be 4 GB Random Access Memory
- Storage should be of 30 GB hard disk drive or solid-state drive.
- Connectivity is to be a Broadband Internet connection.
- The resolution should be 1024 x 768.
Tips for Playing Overwatch on Low-end Laptop
If you have a low-end laptop and still want to run Overwatch on it, it can be challenging to have a similar interface to that of a more compatible laptop. Yet, you need not worry. You can run Overwatch on a low-end laptop by following these tips.
- The gothic settings modification can help you with the visual experience. For this purpose, you’ll have to work the hardest. You’ll have to try graphic and texture quality alterations. In the same way, change the lighting quality and resolution.
- To run Overwatch on a laptop, you’ll need memory. So, the simple option can be clearing the cache files and temporary rifles using some tool.
- To help with further storage capacity, you can remove unwanted applications and programs from your laptop. Most of them are browser and antivirus software.
- Are you done all? Still, you can run short of space. Here, you need to turn off the background activity of programs. So, you can simply restrict them.
- Regular updates often leave your game files unrepaired, in case of a disturbed internet connection. So, repair these files for better FPS. You can do this by using the “scan and repair” option in the Options tab of Watchover.
- You can upgrade your graphics cards. As a result, low FPS will not be the same.
- Removing malware also helps with optimum experiences while playing OVerwatch.
How to Choose a Laptop for Overwatch?
Blizzard is a household word in the gaming world, best known for making games that can run on anything short of a toaster.
However, if you try to run Overwatch on a laptop with super weak specs, it will remind you of old-era arcade games with polygons, dropped frame rates, and compromised edges. It doesn’t mean that you have to shell out four figures to play the game competitively.
Lastly, the price of a laptop for Overwatch depends on how you want the game to look and the number of frames per second you want to achieve.
Fortunately, if you want to experience the game in 1024p and 60fps, you don’t need to spend more than 700 bucks. That specification is more than enough to play the game in its highest settings.
Laptops for Overwatch with high frame rates are great if you want to enjoy the game in its truest sense. Most laptops these days come with +60fps, even budget ones. If you cannot find a budget laptop with +60fps in your locality, you can order one online.
What is the Best Overall Laptop for Overwatch?
While you can run Overwatch on almost any laptop today, we’ve picked the best laptop for Overwatch after going through a detailed review of different gaming laptops.
Asus ROG Strix G15
This is probably the best laptop for Overwatch. It is an impressive machine featuring a 144Hz display. Its thin bezel display ensures the best visual experience. It comes with an Intel i7-10750H Hexa core processor to give a new life to the game’s performance.
The best thing about this machine is that it comes with 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD. The machine has been designed for hardcore gamers with great integration between components to ensure smooth performance.
The laptop features a 15.6-inch IPS Full HD display coupled with 1920 x 1080 resolution. It also boasts an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 to give you the best video quality.
The machine features a light bar around the side and front edges. The keyboard also features an RGB backlit that can be customized through the Asus Aura sync feature.
The machine also offers a Hypercool Pro feature. This system is almost necessary for every gaming laptop to work properly.
In our opinion, the Asus ROG Strix G15 is at the top among the best laptops for Overwatch.
Laptops for Overwatch demand for specs. Yet, you can also run Overwatch on your low-end laptop with additional settings. How well will your experience be?
No one can guarantee. The best way can be to get a compatible laptop if you plan to play Overwatch over months.