Indian Overseas Bank is a Chennai-based Public Sector Bank having about 3214 domestic branches and about 4 foreign branches along with a representative office. It is one of the 14 major banks taken over by the Government of India.
Indian Overseas Bank provides its customers with plenty of online and offline modes for banking transactions like balance enquiry, making funds transfers, and bill payments.
For offline modes, customers have options like SMS Banking, Missed Call Banking, ATM, etc. Also, customers have online options like Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.
Prerequisites to check the account balance?
Below mentioned are the things to be kept in mind before checking the account balance:
- To check the account balance, the first prerequisite is to get the mobile number registered with the bank.
- The mobile network shall have an active plan so as to receive and send SMS.
- An internet connection is also required to use different banking apps.
- Internet banking shall also be activated to avail of the services.
- ATM or debit card shall also be activated.
Requirement of checking the account balance of the IOB Account
Balance Enquiry is the most common service that accountholders access. IOB Balance check service is availed due to below mentioned reasons:
- Prevents overspending
- In time detection of anomalies and fraud
- Income from Investments
- Prevents EMI missouts
- Ensure all the deposits expected have been received
- To look for unexpected charges
Different Ways to Check IOB Account Balance
IOB Balance Check via Passbook
Checking the IOB account balance with the help of Passbook is one of the easiest ways to check account balances for those account holders who don’t have access to internet banking and who prefer to do the banking in person.
To get the complete picture of all the transactions made in the bank account, an account holder is required to get the passbook updated by visiting the bank. This option is not suitable for those who do not get the passbook updated regularly.
IOB Balance Check by visiting the ATM
The basic requirement to use this facility for checking the account balance is having an ATM card that would be issued at the time of opening a bank account. Below mentioned are the steps to check the IOB account balance by visiting an ATM:
- Visit the nearest ATM.
- Insert the ATM card into the ATM machine.
- Enter the 4-digit ATM Pin.
- Among the options displayed on the screen, select “Balance Enquiry” to know the updated account balance.
- Also, customers can get IOB Mini Statement and can view the last 10 transactions by opting for Mini Statement.
IOB Balance Check via SMS Banking
The first requirement to avail of this service is to get the mobile number registered with the bank which is normally done at the time of opening of the bank account. But, in case it is not done, an account holder can still visit the bank to get it registered. Also, the same can be done via internet banking.
To avail of SMS Banking service, customers are required to send an SMS to the IOB Balance Check Number i.e. 84240 22122. The keywords assigned for the different types of transactions are as mentioned below:
- Type “BAL<space>Last 4 digits of Account number” and send it to 84240 22122.
- Type “MINI<space> last 4 digits of the account number” and send it to 84240 22122.
IOB Balance Check via Net Banking
Below mentioned are the steps to check the IOB account balance via Net Banking:
- Visit the official website of IOB.
- Log in using the username and password.
- After selecting the account number, click on “Fetch Balance”.
- The account balance will then be displayed on the screen.
IOB Balance Check via Missed Call
The account holders are required to place a miss call to the IOB balance check number through their registered mobile number. IOB Bank account holders can do IOB Balance Enquiry using missed call banking by following the below-mentioned steps –
- Call IOB Balance Check Number i.e. 9289 922 2029 from the mobile number registered with the bank
- The call will automatically disconnect after two to three rings
- Lastly, the account holder will receive the IOB Bank Account Balance via SMS on the registered mobile phone.
IOB Balance Check via Mobile Banking
IOB mobile banking provides a variety of applications with the help of which banking has become very easy. Download the applications from Google Play Store or Apple Store. An account holder can access a lot of banking services with the help of these apps like funds transfer, bill payments, checking the cheque status, etc. below mentioned are the various mobile applications that let customers check their account balances:
- It is an online passbook that is used to check the account balances as well as the transaction history by entering the transaction amount, transaction date, and account type.
- It has details of both the debit and the credit transactions made by the customer.
- It allows users to know the real picture of their account i.e. they can know the updated account balance at any time of the day.
- There is no need to visit the bank.
- This application can be used to carry out banking transactions.
- It lets users check the account balance, get statements, transfer funds, make bill payments, etc.
- But, the first requirement is to get the mobile number registered with the bank.
- It is a multi-lingual app that provides a convenient way to customers, especially to those who fail to do so because of limited knowledge of English.
- They can easily carry out banking transactions in their preferred languages.
- Account holders can use this app to check the IOB account balance.
IOB Balance Check via UPI
Below mentioned are the steps to check IOB balance via UPI:
Open any UPI app on a mobile phone.
Login with the help of MPin.
Select the account for which the balance is to be known and select “Check Balance”.
- Enter the password and then the balance would get reflected.
- IOB Balance Check via USSD
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data allows users without having a smartphone or an internet connection to use mobile services. Below mentioned are the steps to check the IOB account balance via USSD:
- Dial *99*52# from the mobile number registered with the bank.
- Choose the preferred language.
- Enter the IFSC Code or the 2-digit bank code.
- Now, click on “Send”.