Thanks to the internet, there are plenty of new and innovative ways to market your business and let your clients find out about you. Even smaller businesses can take advantage of online resources like SEO and social media sites to reach a wider audience and spread awareness of their brands.
Social media in particular offers a great many resources that can help. Not only can you use it to advertise your services and content, it’s also a great way to interact with your clients and develop more fulfilling relationships with your customers. Like anything else, there are a few ways to augment how you approach your digital marketing strategies for your Vancouver or Toronto business, especially when they have to do with social media. Keep these tips in mind to help expand your business and find new ways to communicate with your customer base.
- Choose the right platforms
When choosing a platform to reach out to prospective customers, you’ve got a wealth of sites to choose from. Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, or Youtube, you can take your pick of platforms to market your content and connect with your community. However, choosing the right platform is crucial to success. When it comes to picking a platform, consider your target audience and do your research to find out which ones your customers use the most.
Once you’ve figured out which platform is most suited to your customer base, focus most of your efforts on that one. You can claim your profiles on other networks, but ideally you should focus the lion’s share of your efforts on that particular network.
- Create a scheduleCreating and posting fresh content is important, but it’s also vital to have a schedule to regulate your releases. Working out your release schedules in advance is a great way to keep your content production high and ensure you’re pumping high-quality content to satisfy your audience. Develop a calendar to help plan your content marketing and release schedules for maximum effect. Your calendar also helps you set goals and strategies for meeting them, allowing you to chart a clear course moving forward.
- Provide plenty of value
When it comes to online marketing, one of the most critical elements of your strategy is value. Providing something valuable through your online content is one of the most effective ways you can make a positive impression on your consumers. Create something your audience will enjoy and appreciate. Be it simple solutions for common problems at home or how-to guides to tackle simple tasks, your readers will likely find such content useful and appreciate your making it.
The trick is finding something your audience will find useful. Your content may be informative, but you can also make something that makes them laugh or helps them get to know your business better. Mastering this skill is key to attracting the right kind of customer and getting them to spread your content around.
- Mix up your formatsFor many businesses, the most common type of content is written (blog posts, to name one example). However, there’s no reason to limit yourself to one type of content if you can do more. Branching out into new formats is a great way to keep things interesting and increase engagement with your customers.
Images are a powerful tool for your social media strategy. If your business has interesting products to offer customers, for example, images are a smart way to show off what you have to offer. Alternatively, if you have a service-based business, consider posting images of yourselves at work with a useful caption to advertise the services you offer. Images are particularly useful on certain platforms, like Instagram, so keep that in mind when considering where you want to post your new visual content.
- Branch out into video contentAlternatively, if you have the time and resources, you may also want to consider making video content. Videos are a dynamic medium for content creation. Not only is it a great way to increase customer engagement, it’s also a way to let your customers see more of your personality and get to know your business better. Video tours of your business and intro videos for you and your staff are great ways to put a human face on the business and start a rapport with your viewers.
Videos are also a good way to share more of your expertise with your audience, always a bonus when it comes to being useful. You can create more hands-on guides to aid your customers with common problems, giving them more utility with each piece of content you release. A dryer and filtration business, for example, can show their audiences a guide to cleaning their dryers and filters. Videos are a good way of sharing your expertise in detail without taking up too much time.
- Address any issues quicklySocial media is also a convenient platform for sharing reviews, especially if your clients have glowing reviews they’d like to share with future customers. However, you sometimes have to address negative reviews, and deal with them constructively.
Monitor your channels and keep an eye out for mentions of your brand. Keeping tabs on the community is a great way to catch any issues before they can escalate. When you do spot an issue, engage with the person who brought it up and apologize if necessary. If it’s not a sensitive issue, address the problem right then and there. If necessary, you can also offer to discuss the issue over a direct message in case of sensitive issues. It’s vital your community understands that you’re always willing to listen to their concerns. Addressing issues quickly is a clear indicator of your sincerity when it comes to creating a positive experience for your customers.
- Build a communityWhen building your social media presence, it’s crucial to engage a more qualified audience. Like any other element of your online strategy, quality typically matters more than quantity when it comes to your audience. Rather than collecting as many customers as possible, it’s generally more worthwhile to focus on attracting prospects who would be most interested in what you have to offer. Those people are more likely to take an interest in your content, and convert into paying customers.
When done correctly, social media works as self-sustaining marketing. The more you engage with the community, the more they can engage with each other and help promote your content. Take the time to really invest in your community to get as much exposure as you can.
Social media now has billions of users. If used correctly, the internet can prove itself a veritable goldmine for viewers and customers. However, social media efforts should not be the only focus. You need other strategies to augment your efforts. That’s why a good web design is important, along with regular content production. With website marketing and a good social campaign, you can take your first steps on the road to getting some new (and hopefully repeat) customers. If you don’t have the resources for an in-house team, you can seek professional assistance from the best digital marketing agency Toronto. No matter how you go about it, make sure to take the time to invest in your social media to start benefiting from that potential audience.