Logistics services are a critical part of your business if you are in the life science industry. The logistic service providers help transport healthcare products and samples to and from labs, hospitals, and other facilities.
Your healthcare business can transact globally with a reliable shipping company like www.shipmercury.com majoring in life science logistics. Here are tips on how to get started with life science logistics services.
What Do Life Science Logistics Service Providers Do?
Life science logistics companies specialize in handling healthcare products. They have the knowledge and experience required to move such items safely without risking their quality. The products that life science logistics companies handle include;
- Pharmaceutical products: Pharma products like drugs and vaccines are regulated shipments and often demand individualized shipping plans. Ensure constant compliance with the shipping guidelines for the safe delivery of your products.
- Tissue and Organ Samples: Like pharmaceuticals, tissue and organ samples are perishable items and need special handling. The service providers have the necessary equipment and infrastructure to maintain the cold chain for these items.
- Blood samples: They are time-sensitive and may require same-day delivery services. Blood samples require custom-made packaging and advanced tracking systems.
Life science logistics firms need to have a clear and consistent process to be effective at what they do. They should:
- Perform temperature, humidity, and other tests that are relevant to the products they handle
- Handle both hazardous and nonhazardous items
- Build a system that can track products from order to delivery
- Ensure that their vehicles and equipment are clean, safe, and reliable for the job
Tips for Finding a Reliable Life Science Logistics Company
When looking for a life science logistics company, there are certain factors you need to consider.
The Company’s Ability to Meet Your Needs
The service provider should have the right equipment to transport and store temperature-sensitive products at stable temperatures. Besides, they should also have reliable monitoring tools.
The company should also have a good reputation and be reliable. This means that they should consistently deliver products on time and as promised. The service provider should also be able to handle special requests and have a customer service team that is available around the clock. Hiring a dispatch company like MetroMaxDispatch can be a great solution if you are getting started with a new business.
Does the company have proper life sciences credentials? Consider if the company has any certifications and licenses to prove that they are compliant with industry standards. Necessary credentials to check include;
- IATA, C-TPAT, and TAPA Certifications make it easier for customs brokerage management.
- Certificate of registration from Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Good Distribution Practices (GDP) Certification
- TSA-Certified Cargo Screening Facilities
Additionally, a certified company should have staff trained in handling healthcare and life sciences products.
Look out for a shipper with dedicated customer service. A good life science logistics company should have a customer service team know about the products they handle. They should answer all your questions and address any requests you have.
The customer service team should be available 24/7 and quickly resolve any issues.
A good life science logistics company should offer its customers a variety of shipping options. Shipping options that you can get include;
- Airfreight: This option is ideal for shipping items that may not survive long journeys.
- Ocean freight: It’s a cost-effective option for large and heavy products.
- Courier services: This is the best option for shipping small items that need to be delivered quickly.
- Trucking: This option is best for shipping large items over long distances.
- Rail freight: This is a good option for shipping products that need to be transported over long distances.
- Temperature-controlled Shipping: This option is ideal for transporting temperature-sensitive items.
Get Started Today!
Novice and experienced players in the life sciences industry must forge a healthy working relationship with a reliable life sciences logistics company. Healthcare and life sciences products require safe and efficient transportation; find a life science logistics company that can meet your needs.