A smooth bald top is a fantasy for many men and the invention of the head shaver has eased the process of shaving. But, looking after a bald top is an entirely different ballgame. A lot of maintenance and care is required to keep up a good-looking bald head.
How to maintain a bald head
Maintaining a shaved, bald head requires a lot of patience, resources, and care. Here are a few tips and tricks that you may follow to keep up the look of your bald top and also maintain your bald head shaver.
Bald head care
- Do not stop using a shampoo or conditioner at regular intervals. The hair follicles present on our scalp need moisture to stay healthy, and although very tiny, they do need to be taken care of.
- Sun and tanning can pose a serious threat to our scalps and prolonged exposure can even result in burns. Always use good quality sunscreen with a high SPF value and try to cover your bald top with a hat or scarf while going outdoors. Even diffused sunlight on overcast days can be harmful to our scalps.
- It is very important that we keep ourselves hydrated and moisturized. Our hairs act as a shade on warm days and a bald head does not provide any insulation. This is why it is important to drink plenty of water on warm days so that we do not get dehydrated, which may be harmful to us.
- A good and relaxing head massage is not only calming but also helps improve our blood flow. There are numerous blood vessels and capillaries present beneath our scalps and a good head massage can help increase blood circulation. Good blood circulation is important to maintain the health of our scalp and hair follicles.
- It is advisable that you shave your hair at regular intervals with a good quality bald head shaver to maintain the smoothness of your balding. Hair tends to grow back pretty quickly, and that small stubble can be enough to spoil the entire appearance.
- You can consider using oils or wax to give your head a shiny appearance. The stubble on your head can grow back pretty quickly and wear off the natural smoothness and shine. There are many specialized bald head oils available on the market and you should definitely consider them to maintain your bald shine.
- If you want to get a permanent shaven head, there are processes like laser surgeries, electrolysis, hair removal creams, etc. that can help you get a bald head for the long term. But these processes can be complicated and it is suggested that you always consult a good dermatologist before committing to these treatments.
- It is important that you are proud of your bald top. There are certain stigmas related to a bald top so it is important that you take unwanted criticisms lightly and feel confident and proud of your bald head.
- It is best to use a head shaver rather than a razor to shave your head as they are more precise and a lot safer since there are no sharp edges or exposed blades.
These are a few steps you can take to maintain your smooth bald head and ensure that your well-being is not negatively affected. Now, let us learn how we can maintain a bald head shaver so that it always performs optimally.
Head shaver maintenance
It is of paramount importance that you keep your shaver in top-notch shape to ensure a seamless shave every time.
- Always ensure that the shaving head and other exposed parts of the bald head shaver are free of loose hair and trimmings. To do this, remove the head and dust off the remnants. Then wash the parts and let them dry under the sun. Please make sure that you do not use water to clean electronic parts or dry them under the Sun since that may cause electrical malfunctions.
- Make sure that the moving parts of the shaver are properly lubricated so that they do not wear out fast and work properly.
- Do not overcharge the battery of your razor. Always make sure that you use a stable electricity supply and only use the charger recommended by the company.
- Replace the blades of your shaver at regular intervals. Most shaver brands provide replaceable blades with their shavers. Replacing them periodically would help ensure that you get a smooth shave always and do not face the risk of nicks or cuts.
- If you ever face any problems with your shaver, you should visit a certified service center to get the problem resolved in a professional and efficient manner.
It is very important that you take proper care of your scalp if you have a bald shaved head. Some simple and small steps that you take can go a long way in maintaining a glowing and healthy bald top. Bald head shavers are a critical part of your gear in this journey and so it is extremely important to maintain them properly so that we can enjoy a trouble-free usage.