Scientists have isolated over 100 different types of cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol. It is a phytocannabinoid that was discovered in 1940 and it accounts for as much as 40% of the plant’s extract.
However, like with any edible it takes time to kick in and then lapse.
This article looks at how long CBD edibles take to kick in as well as other important facts about CBD edibles you should know.
Of course, when you buy Canadian edibles online, there are many different kinds to choose from. This will also affect how long the effects kick in (whether you choose to consume THC or CBD edibles).
CBD Edibles and Their Effect
With the ongoing legalization movements across the world, there is an ever increasing way that CBD is presented to consumers. For starters, CBD can be consumed as a vapor or oil. However, it is mostly found in the form of foods.
CBD edibles today are presented in a variety of forms including jelly beans, chocolates, brownies, and more. However, CBD has also been infused into salad dressings, honey, smoothies, gummy bears, and more. Most CBD edibles are easy to carry around and consume.
However, you will also find several CBD products are packaged in the forms of drops or sprays that are consumed sublingually, that is, you place them beneath the tongue.
On the other hand, CBD edibles are not a passing fad. They are not only easy to consume, but they come with a variety of unmatched benefits compared to placebos and over the counter medicines.
Clinical research has shown that CBD could alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, movement disorders, pain and cognition. Unlike THC, CBD will not give you a psychological high and this has been the basis for its use for its medicinal purposes.
How to Find Quality CBD Edibles?
Whether you are buying CBD edibles online or in a shop in your town, there is a science to finding the best CBD edible. As their popularity grows, so will the number of people trying to scam you. Here is a guide to eating CBD edibles:
Guide to Eating CBD Edibles
While CBD has very few known side effects, people with prevailing liver problems should keep their CBD edible intake to a moderate level to avoid adverse health complications. These are the most popular CBD edibles you will find in the market today:
- CBD infused Almonds – almonds have been a wonder snack for several years now. When infused with CBD, they will present you with a high level of iron, protein, and calcium
- CBD Chocolate – CBD chocolate bars provide plenty of potassium, fiber, and calcium, and they taste good too
- CBD gummies – Gummy bears with the right CBD concentration will help you relax
How Long Does CBD Edibles to Kick In
CBD edibles can kick in instantly but it might take longer for some people. However, it will not take more than one hour. However, the dosage of the CBD will affect how long it takes to take effect. However, the big question is, how long do they last before you need another dosage?
The average CBD edible stays in your system for between 2 and 5 days. However, this range does not apply to everyone since it can stay in some people for several weeks.
These are the factors that affect how long the CBD effects last:
- The frequency of use will determine how long you will feel the effects. Therefore, it is recommended that first timers try a single dosage per week and track the effects
- Dosage – as with any other substance, the higher the dosage, the longer it will stay in the system
- Your body – your metabolism, body ,mass index, and water content will affect how long the CBD effects last in your body
- Diet – depending on what, when, and how much you eat will affect the synthesis of the CBD edibles. If you take them on an empty stomach, you are surely feel the effects much sooner, and be eliminated much sooner
With that said, there are some people who prefer smoking or vaping CBD. For them, they will feel the effects of the CBD within 15 minutes of use. However, edibles take much longer, which means that you will feel the effects for a much longer period given the factors discussed above.
Edibles are one of the best ways to consume CBD products. However, since everyone has a different body, the effects are relative to the factors discussed above. They will definitely last much longer than smoking or vaping.
With that said, you need to ensure that the CBD edibles do not have traces of THC as this will give you euphoric effects and might show up on a drug test.