It is challenging to imagine something more feminine than Empire party dresses. The fashion of the 19th century confidently returns to the runways because dresses made in the Empire style are distinguished by their versatility, extraordinary lightness, and moderate grace. In such outfits, you feel like a true lady who can conquer everyone with her magnificent look. Check out ikat fabric by the yard for best clothes.
Features Of Empire-Style Dresses
The classic Empire dress is light and straightforward, with a shortened bodice, a high waist, and flared sleeves. The first model was inspired by the Greek toga and came into fashion with the wife of Emperor Napoleon.
The characteristic features of the Empire party outfits of the 19th century were:
- Lightness and naturalness. Designers can achieve such qualities due to the relatively simple style of the outfit and the light materials used for its production.
- Emphasis on the waist. The waistline was as high as possible and directly under the bust. The waist could be decorated with a satin ribbon in front and a beautiful, elegant bow in the back for an additional accent.
- One-tone color. Initially, the party dresses were made in the purest natural color and looked cute – white. But over time, the color range expanded. It was presented mainly in pastel shades.
Modern Styles Of Empire Dresses
Modern models have preserved all the standard features of the Empire style, but with some changes:
- The waist became a little lower. Models with a waist that clearly outlines the bodice are also found. But in most stunning dresses, the waist is shifted slightly down (at the same time, it remains inflated). It allows you to make the image more modern.
- There are more neckline options. Earlier, the empire model was equipped with a heart-shaped or round neckline. Today, its varieties are much more significant: V-shaped, asymmetric, sloped, and rectangular.
- The colors are more saturated. The primary shades of the traditional empire are gold, white, red, and turquoise. The palette of modern outfits is much wider. Party dresses for women are presented today in purple, olive, blue, and many other colors.
Where Can I Buy Empire Party Dresses In The USA?
Today, the empire is a style mainly of evening and summer dresses. It is widely represented in Milla Nova wedding collections. But models made of dense materials and highly popular in the 19th century are less relevant nowadays. This is due to their excessive massiveness and bulkiness.
Milla party dresses shop offers a wide variety of light dresses of the modern empire. You’ll be impressed by their exclusive models and affordable prices. The shipping is available worldwide.