Whether you’re moving within the same city or across the country, a house move can be stressful for anyone. you can always minimize the trouble by working with the best moving companies at Moving Feedback. However, while the movers take care of the process, there is a lot you can do yourself. Here are 10 ways to make your house move as smooth as possible.
- Get some help
Getting the right help can sort a lot of things for you, to start with, you must first:
- Hire a professional moving company. This will be the biggest help of all and will take a lot of the stress off of you.
- Have a garage sale or donate items you don’t want or need anymore. This will lighten your load and make the move easier.
- Pack an essentials box with things you’ll need on your first day in your new home. This will make life easier when you’re trying to find things in all of the boxes. The same goes for your family too, they’ll have everything they need close by instead of having to hunt through a bunch of boxes.
- Label everything! You can’t remember what’s inside each box if it doesn’t have a label, so spend some time labeling them before loading them up into the truck. You should also label where each item is going in your new home once you unpack it so that everyone knows where it is going!
2) Sort your stuff
The best way to reduce stress during your move is to declutter and get rid of anything you don’t need. Start by going through each room and making a pile of things to sell, donate, or throw away. Then, start packing up the things you’re keeping a few weeks in advance so you’re not scrambling at the last minute.
3) Pack in advance
One of the best ways to make your house move stress-free is to pack in advance. This way, you can take your time packing up your belongings and won’t have to worry about doing it last minute. Plus, it’ll be one less thing to worry about on moving day.
4) Have everything on your removal day
The big day is finally here! You’ve been packing for weeks and your home is finally empty. But before you can start unpacking in your new place, you need to get everything there first. Here are 10 ways to make sure your house move goes smoothly
5) Spend time with the family during the move
Whether you’re moving across the country or just across town, it’s important to spend time with your family during the move.
- Arrange for grandparents and friends to take care of children so parents can pack or clean up after packing.
- Give children some of their packing tasks so they feel like they have a part in the process.
- Pack a special box for each child containing something from their bedroom (a toy, a blanket, a framed photo) that will remind them of home when they arrive at their new house.
- Include children in the decision-making process about where items should go when they get to their new home.
- If you have pets, be sure they’ll be happy in your new place before agreeing to make an offer on a house.
6) Keep calm
It’s normal to feel overwhelmed when you’re moving house. After all, there’s a lot to think about and organize. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
7) Enjoy the end of your old home
One way to make your house move stress-free is to take the time to enjoy your old home in the days leading up to the move. Pack up your belongings gradually so you don’t have to do it all at once, and take time to say goodbye to your home sweet home.
8) Don’t pay until you see the final bill
One of the worst things about moving is trying to figure out how much everything will cost. Hiring a professional mover can help take the guesswork out of the equation. You shouldn’t have to pay your movers until they’ve finished loading up your belongings and transporting them to your new home. It’s also important to get a written estimate for all labor, materials, and services before work begins on your move.
9) Use trusted removal firms
There are a lot of things to think about when you’re moving house, and one of the most important is choosing a reputable, reliable removal firm. A good removal company will take care of all the heavy lifting on moving day, so you can relax and concentrate on other things.
Now that you know the secrets of a smooth house move, go ahead and have a great time relocating to a new place and starting a new life.