People have been eating eggs since several centuries and there is good reason to include it in the meals. Besides offering culinary variety any hard-boiled eggs, deviled eggs, and omelets are also a cheap source of protein, calcium, as well as many vitamins and nutrients.
Let us try to know what are the various benefits of having 2 egg’s breakfast meal and also incorporating eggs into our diet.
- A nutritious treat
The egg can be a very nutritious treat and can offer the following useful vitamins and minerals:
- 5 grams of healthy fats
- 6 grams of protein
- Vitamins A, D, E, K, B5, B12, B6
- Eggs can affect cholesterol differently in different people
A single egg will contain around 186 milligrams of dietary cholesterol. However, eggs will not raise cholesterol in 70% of people and the rest 30% of people, can experience a very moderate increase in low-density lipoprotein i.e. LDL cholesterol by eating eggs.
- Healthy skin, nails, and hair
You will find eggs rich in B vitamins that also include vitamin B5, B12, biotin, riboflavin, selenium, and thiamine. All these are great for keeping your skin, hair, and nails maintained. They can promote skin elasticity, nourish our cells, and counteract any damage caused by any free radicals.
- Strengthens our immune system
By serving 2 eggs, you get 59% dietary intake of selenium, 14% of RDI for iron, and 32% of RDI of vitamin A. All these combinations can boost your immune system. Eggs can also act as the best remedy to prevent flu and cold.
- Improves your eyesight
Studies revealed that lutein, zeaxanthin, and omega 3 acids found in eggs play a very important role to maintain your eye health. These 2 antioxidants help to maintain eye health in the longer run and protect against any retinal degeneration.
- Improves your memory
There is a special vitamin-like substance like choline present in eggs that can help in metabolizing the fat, and maintain healthy cell membranes, also improves brain and memory function. Choline is very difficult to find in many other commonly eaten foods.
- Good for pregnant women
The study conducted by various medical scientists at Cornell University concluded that proper choline intake during pregnancy can improve the function of the brain and reaction speed in any newborn infant.
- It is a filling meal
You must have noticed that if you eat eggs for your breakfast then it may keep you feeling much fuller for longer, which is generally because of the high protein content present in eggs. Whether you eat an omelet for breakfast or any hard-boiled eggs as a snack, eggs will help you to remain satisfied in between your meals.
- Helps you to gain muscles
An egg can pack in six grams of protein that makes it a very good snack after your workout. It is important to remember that eating a complete egg will be more helpful to gain muscles and strengthen your bones than just by eating only egg whites.
So, you must include eggs in your daily meals.