Approximately 10% of cars in the secondary market are problematic. They were involved in an accident or were the object of arrest, theft, fines, and so on. However, it is unlikely that a potential buyer will be informed about this. There is a reliable way to avoid all problems – just check the car by the license plate and you will find out all its pros and cons and assess whether it is worth buying or not.
The Whole History of the Car in a Few Figures
VIN number is not only an alphanumeric combination used to identify a vehicle. With its help, you can find out the real history of the vehicle and compare it with what the seller says Business Car Finance.
A number of owners is the first thing to consider. There are many ads indicating that there is only one owner of the car. If you live in Dallas, a regular Texas DMV VIN check will allow you to find out exactly whether you are being told the truth or deceived.
- Real age or mileage. If you check the car by the license plate, you can find out when it was registered. Knowing the real age of the car will allow you to compare this information with the words of the seller.
- Information about the accidents. It is easy to hide the external damage of any road accident. If the car has been in an accident, even without the involvement of the police, it will in any case be examined by an expert who enters data on the damage received into the database. With this information, you will be able to reduce the price.
- Restrictions on registration. Unpaid loan or delay, fines, arrest, car theft – all these moments prevent the car from being registered. Unfortunately, without checking the VIN number, the new owner will find out about it only after the attempt to register it.
If the car history has shown that in a short time (10-15 months) the car changed several owners, it is worth asking why this happened? In 99% of cases, this means only one thing – the vehicle has some serious problems, the elimination of which is too costly. For example, electrical, transmission, or engine problems. Do you want to play Russian roulette or would you rather choose another less suspicious option?
Methods for Checking a Car by VIN
Today there are several ways to check a car by VIN:
- Inquire with the Regional Patrol Police Office or other responsible institution in your country;
- Leave your application on the governmental site where you can find out not only the model, the date of registration of the vehicle, but also such details as participation in an accident, insurance, and so on.
- Having turned to the services of private experts on numerous sites. Their range of services is much wider – the expert can also assess the general technical condition of the car and its individual parts.
The whole procedure looks very simple, so don’t hesitate to check the auto of your interest. Good luck!