Do you want to go to the AWS marketplace? But due to the lack of knowledge on how it works, are you afraid of trying it? There is nothing to worry about as you can check why to sell on Tackle.io here.
Here in this article, I will guide you on how AWS Marketplace works. But before we dig into the main topic, it will be better for you to gather some basic knowledge about the AWS marketplace. And this is because you are a seller.
What Is AWS Marketplace?
In simple words, AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog. Customers can use it for finding, buying, deploying, and managing third-party software, services, and data, which customers require in order to build solutions and also run their specific businesses.
AWS Marketplace has thousands of software listings from several popular categories, like networking, security, storage, business intelligence, database, machine intelligence, along with related professional services, which will help you in managing and supporting those solutions.
With various deployment methods and flexible pricing options, AWS marketplaces also make software licensing and procurement simple. In addition to this, you will also get data products from AWS Data Exchanges in the AWS marketplace.
AWS Marketplace Seller Guide
As you are a seller, you need to register yourself by visiting AWS Marketplace Management Portal. In case you are charging for the use of your products, you also need to provide your banking and tax information. This is a part of the registration process.
By registering, you are creating a profile for yourself or for your company, which will be visible on the EWS marketplace. For creating and managing product pages for your products, you also will be able to use the AWS Marketplace Management Portal.
Those partners who are eligible also can programmatically list the products outside of the AWS Marketplace. In case you are wanting some specific information about becoming eligible, you can contact your AWS Marketplace business development partner.
As it is a secure cloud service platform, it offers database storage, computes power, content delivery along with other functionalities that will help your business to scale and grow. If we keep it simple, the things that AWS marketplace allows you to do are as follows.
- In order to host dynamic websites, running applications and web servers in the cloud.
- Securely store all your files on the cloud so that you will be able to access them from anywhere at any time.
- You also can use managed databases, for example, SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL server, for storing information.
- Using a CDN or content delivery network, you can deliver dynamic and also static files around the world really quickly.
- You also can send emails to your customers in bulk.
Now you get the basic idea about what AWS marketplace does and how. So it is time to have a look at its various AWS services.
Here are some of the major AWS services.
- Compute: Elastic Compute Cloud or EC2, LightSail, Elastic Container Service or ECS, Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes or EKS, Lambda, Batch, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Storage: Simple Storage Service or S3, Storage Gateway, Glacier, Elastic File System, or EFS.
- Databases: Relational Database Service or RDS, Elasticache, Redshift, Neptune, DynamoDB.
- Migration: Database Migration Service or DMS, Snowball, Server Migration Service, or SMS.
- Content Delivery and Networking: Virtual Private Cloud or VPC, API Gateway, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway.
- Developer Tools: X-Ray, Cloud9, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeStar.
- Management Tools: Managed Services, System Manager, AWS Auto Scaling, Trusted Advisor, Service Catalog, Config, OpsWorks, CloudTrail, Cloudformation, CloudWatch.
- Analytics: Glue, QuickSight, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, Elastic Search, CloudSearch, Elastic Map Reduce or EMR, Athena.
And the list will go on with customer engagement tools, mobile services, AR & VR, AI, Desktop and App Streaming, business productivity, and many more.
I hope after reading this article, you get to know and understand the way the AWS marketplace works. Different tools that are provided by this platform are specially designed for specific purposes. You just need to make sure that you are using them properly so that you can get all the benefits from them.