Teen Patti is one of the most exciting card games to play online on casino portals. This game typically needs at least three players, while a minimum of two players is needed to play, albeit with little or no enthusiasm. A total of seven players are permitted to play the Teen Patti game with a 52-card deck.
The online Teen Patti rules are similar to the offline game. The gameplay starts with a predefined dealer, with each player getting a chance to deal in sequence. Three cards are dealt with each player, and the one with the better collection wins the match.
The following are the guidelines for a beginner to start playing Teen Patti online.
Know the Terms
This gambling games has some terms, which the player should be aware of since most of the game is played using these terms. If you are unaware, you might miss out on some opportunities while trying to search and understand a term.
- Pot – Since the game is played by placing bets, there needs to be a common collection area of all the betting money, and the ‘pot’ is where it goes.
- Boot Amount – Whenever a game starts, players may go for big and small bets initially or during a game. However, to participate in a game, a minimum amount needs to be placed at stake at the start of the game, which is added to the pot. This is the ‘Boot Amount.’
- Playing Blind – When a player bets without seeing their cards, it is termed as ‘Playing Blind.’
- Playing Seen – When a player bets after having seen their cards, it is termed as ‘Playing Seen.’
One point to be noted is that the betting amount for ‘Playing Seen’ is double the amount that is wagered for ‘Playing Blind.’ The player also has the liberty to see their cards at any point in the game and change the bet as per the interest.
- Folding – A player, at any point in the game, can opt to quit the game if he or she feels that the cards the player has would not fetch a win. Though the player need not add more money to the pot, the bet amount will not be returned. Opting out of the game is termed as ‘Folding.’
- Sideshow – A player has the liberty to ask the previous player to show his/her cards only if the previous player is also ‘playing seen’. However, the previous player has the option to accept or reject the offer, and if accepted, both compare their cards, and the one with a weaker set needs to fold. If in case both the players have cards of the same level, the one asking for a ‘Sideshow’ must fold.
Power of Cards
The following combinations are arranged in ascending order.
- High Card – The value of the highest card
- Pair – Implies two cards of similar ranking
- Colour – Three cards of the same suit of any rank
- Sequence – Two or more suits in combination in a sequence
- Pure Sequence – Cards of the same suit forming a sequence (You should note that AKQ has a higher priority than A23)
- Trio/Trial – Three cards having the same denomination
You should note that the ranking of the cards is greatly affected by Joker, Muflis, AK47, and Hukam.
Tips to Play Teen Patti
The following are some tips to win bonuses in the online game.
- Play Blind
Playing blind leads many online players to run out of time, which may contribute to risky bets. By making big and small bets, some players give out hints about their cards. So, playing blind can improve the probability of winning when wealth is low.
- Be Observant
In a matter of rounds, the tables will change. Therefore, you must be observant and decide based on the cards at hand. If many players fold, you might place larger bets and thus rule the game. You may also collaborate to manage the game with another online player in certain situations.
- Play with Emotions
A significant drawback or rather benefit of Teen Patti is that players cannot decide anything on the grounds of their fellow players’ emotions. Therefore, if you are dealing with good cards, you can start with small bets, and when any other player folds, you may quickly gain hope from other players who place big bets.
- Play Smart
When players get good cards, they would prefer to start pocketing in the initial stages, typically because the stakes are not that big. However, if you play intelligently by initially making small bets and observing the game, you might play with the people holding their bets on ‘chance,’ thereby winning a game with a good pot amount.
The above discussion can help a beginner understand how Teen Patti is played and allow the player to win big. However, since money is involved in playing the game, you need to use your critical skills and play wisely.