How To Celebrate Dussehra With Kids?: Fun Activities With Kids
We all had our share of celebrations and ways to celebrate different festivals in our childhood. Our parents involved us in different activities and rituals and made us aware of how important certain festivals are and their significance. These days when modernisation changed its definition and digitalisation kicked in, we have lost the human touch of celebration and our kids won’t understand how it is celebrated without just wishing dussehra wishes in english. To gain the importance of the dussehra amongst our kids and for them to acknowledge the festival, we can involve our kids with different activities related to the festival.
Here’s activities you can do with your kids to celebrate dussehra,
- Performing Saraswati Puja: Doing Saraswati Puja is one of the main parts of Dussehra festivity with kids. Saraswati Puja is only doing Puja of books and the image of Goddess Saraswati. It is one of the significant Indian customs that help kids to regard their books and treat them close to Goddess Saraswati. In this manner they figure out how to esteem their books and worth the beneficial things that they will gain from these books.
Also Read : Dussehra Captions
- Making Effigy of Ravan: The importance of making a representation and shooting it is promising oneself to annihilate every one of the awful characteristics from inside oneself. The effigy of Ravana represents the shadow side of every one. Make a representation of Ravana and get a basic bow and bolt that is accessible in toy shops. When the model is prepared, accumulate alongside your relatives and allow an opportunity to everybody to shoot it individually. Before you start this game remember to show your kids the meaning of this action.
- Exchanging Bauhinia Leaves: Exchanging Apta or Bauhinia leaves with loved ones is likewise probably the most seasoned practice of Dussehra festivity. These leaves are considered as the image of gold. These leaves are traded with relatives and companions in the memory of extraordinary Maratha champions who disseminated gold and different soils of battle among individuals. This action implies great qualities like assistance and regard.
- Story Telling: You can start a storytelling event by welcoming your kid’s companions over at your home. You can tell the story behind Dussehra celebration to your kid. You can ask each one of them their side of dussehra’s story or what they know about Ravana. You can also ask about Durga maa story and their version to narrate amongst everyone.
- Making Rangoli: Making Rangoli is a fun and invigorating movement for youngsters. You can utilize conventional Rangoli tones or use petals of various flowers to make it much more energizing for kids. Making Rangoli is said to welcome success, harmony and joy in the house.
- Making Sweets: Making desserts is one of the significant parts of celebrating any celebration in India. So simply cook desserts like Kheer with your youngsters, also you can try making chocolate ladoos with them as kids love chocolate and also you can try making effigy of Ravana out of chocolate and then later immersing it with milk and making chocolate shake later.
- Dressing in Traditional Attire: One of the fascinating ways of making this celebration significantly more beautiful and invigorating is by sprucing up in customary outfits. In the event that you have a young lady kid, make her wear Saree and on the off chance that you have a kid make him wear Dhoti Kurta or Kurta Payjama.
Doing these ten or any of these ten activities will add more appeal to your Dussehra festivity. It won’t just bring joy and best of luck to your home yet additionally will offer you a chance to show numerous new and various things to your kid.