After years of neglect, CBD has once again begun to show popularity worldwide. In 2021, the US saw the highest sales figures in recent history, meaning that both supply and demand were rising. Because of this, the number of CBD products available in the market is just increasing every day.
As a newbie, navigating the CBD world can be confusing and overwhelming. You won’t know which product to choose or what is the better option for you. On top of that, each of us has our own preferred methods of consuming CBD, so it’s always best to learn more about the type of products available before making your first purchase.
The 4 best ways to take CBD
To consume CBD, you have two options – smoke the flower or consume the CBD oil. The oil is generally the most popular option, and by incorporating it in many ways, other methods of consumption were created. If you decide to take the oil route, the following are the 4 methods available to you.
1. Oral Consumption
This method involves consuming the oil through the mouth directly. It is simple enough, discreet, and considered the easiest method of consumption. However, this method will mean that you will have to wait longer periods after ingesting to feel the effects compared to other methods, though the effects tend to last much longer. There are multiple ways to consume CBD orally:
- As oil – CBD oil can be ingested safely. They come in a variety of strengths and flavors and will be mixed with a carrier such as olive oil or MCT oil.
- As a soft gel capsule – These are similar to fish oil pills in appearance. They are tasteless and odorless making them easy to swallow. This tends to be popular because it is something people are used to taking (like medicines).
- As CBD isolates – This is the most concentrated form of CBD. They are small crystals that are 99% pure CBD. This can be sprinkled on any food or drink, giving you a dose of CBD anytime you want it. Check out products like king palm wraps.
2. Sublingual Administration
This method is similar to oral consumption but the CBD is not swallowed. Instead, the oil is dropped under the tongue which is then absorbed into the oral mucosa. This is the fastest-acting method as the CBD is sent directly to the bloodstream, but you will not feel the effects for as long as when it is orally consumed. You are able to swallow the CBD but you should hold it under the tongue for as long as directed.
Examples of sublingual products include
- CBD oil – Using a dropper, you drop the required dosage under the tongue and leave it there for one minute. After that, you can swallow it for the full effect.
- CBD nasal spray – The nasal passage connects to the mucous membrane, so even when sprayed into the nose, the CBD will reach the bloodstream quickly. This spray usually comes with other ingredients to help clear the airway as well.
- CBD isolate – These crystals can be placed under the tongue allowing a large amount of CBD to be sent directly to your bloodstream.
3. Topical Use
With these products, you don’t need to ingest or consume anything. These can be applied topically on your skin to help maintain healthy skin and to keep your body from showing too much aging. The CBD in this case does not reach the bloodstream. Instead, it reacts with the receptors on the skin to keep it nourished and healthy.
Examples of topical products include:
- Beauty creams – CBD will be infused along with other popular cosmetic skin-nourishing ingredients to help keep the skin supple. You will find these creams targeted at specific areas of your body – face, hands, and legs.
- Other topicals – Just like other skin care products, you can find lip balms and gels with the same CBD formula mentioned above. They are made to promote healthy skin and to fight off dry skin.
4. Inhaling the Smoke
This method includes both smoking or vaporizing the CBD and inhaling the smoke directly into your bloodstream for instant effects. However, many people prefer to avoid the flower as any kind of smoking can end up being carcinogenic.
As such, the more popular option is the pre-filled vapes wax with different flavors and strengths. They are easy to transport and replace, and you can track your consumption quite well, but the effects won’t last as long as consumables.
- CBD flower – These flowers have little to no THC in them (not enough to make you high). It can be smoked for the same effects.
- Liquids and Vaporizers – The CBD oil is packed into small devices with high concentrations. This is vaporized to give a small, clean hit of CBD at a time.
To buy the best but safest CBD products, visit Hometown Hero CBD and check out our collection of CBD-infused products available for consumption. If you prefer THC, we have a range of products infused with that as well, including our Delta 8 disposables.