There are quite a number of difficulties when it comes to pregnancy, but luckily, maternity compression clothings like maternity tights can promote comfort and healthy well-being while also reducing the unpleasant side effects, allowing you to completely embrace your pregnancy.
Maternity compression garments were developed to ease severe symptoms of insufficient vein circulation and to assist the developing bodies of expecting mothers. The flow of blood in the leg veins successfully travels back to the mother’s heart via a technique known as ‘graduated compression,’ which helps avoid blood accumulation within veins.
Types of maternity compression
- Support tights
- Compression socks
- Support bands
- Postpartum garments recovery
What are its benefits for pregnant women?
- Prevents varicose veins – Varicose and spider veins are particularly prevalent in pregnant women because their veins weaken in preparation for childbirth. And with more blood flowing around the body, there is a greater possibility of blood accumulating and varicose developing.
Fortunately, support tights and others such as compression stockings, socks, and support bands can aid in the prevention of varicose by improving blood circulation, assisting the pregnant body, and reducing the chance of coagulated blood within veins.
- Reducing the venous pressure – The additional fluid generated during pregnancy may impose a tremendous strain on your systemic circulation and heart as this distributes more blood across the body. As a result, your arteries and veins must now contain the greater volume, even though their capacity remains the same.
- Reduced swelling – Swelling is unfortunately quite usual during pregnancy, especially in the ankles, legs, feet, hands, and fingers. It is common for it to intensify midway through your pregnancy. Swelling gradually throughout pregnancy is not harmful to you or the baby, but it can be uncomfortable. But, if you swell suddenly, this might be a symptom of preeclampsia, therefore visit your physician or midwives immediately.
How does it decrease swelling?
Compression items, such as compression socks and maternity tights, assist in pushing blood through the deep veins from your superficial veins, where it is subsequently returned to the heart.
- Gives a sense of confinement – Pregnancy tights assist in delivering the legs a sense of confinement, providing the legs with a much more standard form since many women lose distinction in ankles, feet, and knees due to swelling. In addition, these maternal compression garments assist in improving leg form while decreasing edema.
- Improved Circulation – The heart is working 30% stronger, and the body produces 50% extra blood. As a result, pregnancy might harm your circulatory system on several First, it indicates that hormonal fluctuations make women more prone to clot formation and a higher risk of venous thrombosis.
- Gives the feeling of relief – A common side effect of pregnancy is swollen, achy, and weary legs, which is an obvious indicator of impaired venous flow; however, wearing pregnant compression tights. It can help improve the quantity of oxygen and nutrients absorbed through the bloodstream by increasing leg circulation.
An extra benefit of these pregnancy tights is that it strengthens your legs, which helps to decrease lactic acid formation and stiffness and muscular pain.
Whether it is your third or first pregnancy, maternity support tights can relieve leg stiffness and agony. As a result, whether you suffer from achy muscles, swelling, a heavier sensation, or varicose during pregnancy, using maternity support can significantly reduce most of these unfavourable side effects.