Are you a student who writes essays weekly, a blog writer, or the one whose activity is connected to writing somehow? You should know that there is no writer who has never faced writer’s block. Writing is one of the most rewarding and frustrating activities at the same time. The main difficulty is getting started. Most writers rack their brains for hours on how to find the right word to express their ideas. Some go to professional essay writers from a writing service when they don’t know how to polish their piece of academic writing so that it sounds perfect.
If you want to find out whether your story is interesting and eye-catching, you’re recommended to read it aloud to someone. The best way to make sure you’ve done a great job is to ask for a professional opinion. Talented editors will make the necessary improvements. Every writer has days when he/she has no idea how to begin a story. Remember that you can find inspiration at the most unexpected moment.
Are you one of those writers who is looking for motivation and inspiration? Here is a collection of inspirational quotes for writers.
Quotes that Will Help You Overcome Writer’s Block and Become a Great Writer
Find out what famous people think about the process of writing. Read the quotes below that will help you to become a fearless writer.
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” – John Steinbeck
- “To write with clarity and power requires an essential act of taking full responsibility for your words… Reading your words out loud is a vivid outward act that amplifies your sensation of responsibility for your words. That’s why oaths and promises must be spoken out loud to work best.” – Peter Elbow
- “Don’t ever tell a story like it wasn’t about you.” – Merritt Malloy
- “Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” – Louis L’Amour
- “Let the world know why you’re here and do it with passion.” – Wayne Dyer
- “When genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot.” – DH Lawrence
- “Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.” Ray Bradbury
- “No need to force yourself to do something the “right way” if it’s not your right way. Your job is to honor your process.” – Andi Cumbo Floyd
- “Writing is a calling, not a choice.” – Isabel Allende
- “For your born writer, nothing is so healing as the realization that he has come upon the right word.” – Catherine Drinker Bowen
- “The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.” — Maya Angelou
- “There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they’ll take you.” — Beatrix Potter
- “If something inside of you is real, we will probably find it interesting, and it will probably be universal. So you must risk placing real emotion at the center of your work. Write straight into the emotional center of things.” — Anne Lamott
- “Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” — William Wordsworth
- “Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy. “ — Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- “You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write.” — Saul Bellow
- “Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but the writer must develop an approach for the rest of the time.” — Leonard Bernstein
- “Good writers are those who keep the language efficient. That is to say, keep it accurate, keep it clear.”– Ezra Pound
- “Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.”– E. L. Doctorow
- “We write for the same reason that we walk, talk, climb mountains or swim the oceans – because we can. We have some impulse within us that makes us want to explain ourselves to other human beings. That’s why we paint, that’s why we dare to love someone – because we have the impulse to explain who we are.”– Maya Angelou
- “Every secret of a writer’s soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works.” – Virginia Woolf
- “Read. Read. Read. Read many genres. Read good writing. Read bad writing and figure out the difference. Learn the craft of writing.”– Carol Berg
- “Learning to write is not a linear process. There is no logical A-to-B -to- C way to become a good writer. One neat truth about writing cannot answer it all. There are many truths. To do writing practice means to deal ultimately with your whole life.”– Natalie Goldberg
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
- “Writing in a journal reminds you of your goals and of your learning in life. It offers a place where you can hold a deliberate, thoughtful conversation with yourself.” – Robin S. Sharma
Writing is a journey. Hope these quotes will inspire you to start your journey and achieve your destination. Enjoy every moment of the writing process and make it creative.