The electronic signature space is crowded. And apps often look the same – on the surface, at least. Dig a little deeper, however, and you’ll find distinct feature sets, subscription plans, integrations, customer support packages, and more. Navigating these differences to find the best platform for your business can quickly turn into a frustrating task.
That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide. We’ll give you a few pointers to help you find the best possible software before reviewing three of the top e-signature platforms currently on the market.
What Should You Look For in an E-signature Application?
When reviewing different electronic signature apps, prioritise the following attributes:
- A comprehensive set of features – It is good to be clear about which features you require prior to looking at providers. This will allow you to exclude unsuitable platforms quickly. Generally speaking, you should look for an app that has an intuitive, straightforward interface for uploading documents, unlimited e-signatures, a tracking dashboard, bulk sending tools, secure storage, and a mobile app.
- Transparent pricing – Some plans, especially those aimed at individuals and small businesses, are overpriced compared to other available packages. If you only need basic e-signature functionality for a limited number of documents, a free service might even be preferable. Larger enterprise plans tend to work on a custom pricing basis, so you’ll need to contact sales representatives directly. Don’t be reluctant to gather quotes from numerous brands before making a decision. If your organization is expecting to scale in the near future, and will likely upgrade to a higher-level plan, this is also something to account for. The difference in cost between lower-tier and higher-tier plans can be significant.
- A support package that meets your organization’s needs – Technical issues quickly lead to wasted time and lost revenues. You will probably find it beneficial to opt for an app that offers 24/7 customer support, assistance during the onboarding stage (especially for larger companies), and even a dedicated account manager.
Best Electronic Signature Software: Our Top 3
- PandaDoc – PandaDoc is a comprehensive document management solution with a robust set of e-signature tools. If you’re looking for a platform that will allow you to streamline your entire document workflow, it’s worth checking out. The free plan allows for unlimited signatures and document
- HelloSign – HelloSign is a popular app that provides everything you would expect from a signature tool, including a straightforward document upload dashboard, support for self-made templates, and easy-to-access audit trails. There are limits on some of the features, so that’s something to be aware of.
- Adobe Sign – Adobe Sign is a good solution for individuals and companies that use a lot of PDF documents or already rely on applications from Adobe’s software suite. On the downside, the pricing structure is a little complex (there are five separate plans), and integrations are only available with the enterprise package. Adobe Sign supports highly secure digital signatures that require digital certificates.