Protein powder in India has created a buzz among fitness enthusiasts that helps the market to have a place for the supplement industry. With the advent of the craze of getting a certain type of body, many people have started spending their time in the gym which is a good sign of an aware society. But this craze has attracted many supplements, especially protein, to get the results sooner. Some of the supplements are quite effective that can give you the faster results but some of them have low quality of nutrients that has side effects. Another thing is that people have started treating the protein powder as a substitute for meals. That means people are avoiding the regular meal and taking supplements instead of it. That has many disadvantages to the body. The article will expose whether the buzz created around the protein powder in India has metal or not.
How much protein you need?
Protein needs vary person to person as per their gender, age, physical activity, and others. An average sedentary woman requires at least 46 grams of protein per day and the average sedentary man takes 56 grams of protein everyday. Kids require at least 1.5 grams of protein in 2 pounds of their weight everyday. As people engage with athletic activities, protein requirements increase. In some medical conditions like pregnancy, women need 60 grams of protein. Breastfeeding women require at least 71 grams of protein per day.
You can have the authentic review here about beneficial supplements.
Sources of protein:
There are various sources of protein that support your athletic performance and help you to look beautiful.
- Lean beef: 28 grams of protein in every 4 oz.
- Large egg: 6 grams
- Milk: 8 grams in every 8 oz
- Oatmeal: 6 gram in 1 cup
- Avocado: 4 grams in one
- Cheese: 7 gram in 1 oz
- Green peas: 9 grams in one cup
- Edamame: 9 grams in ½ cup
Along with them there are various other sources of protein that provide you more protein than your daily needs. It is no harm to take more of them.
Protein powder in India:
There are many brands that have come up with their protein supplement. Know some of the points about them before purchasing.
- You can find various kinds of protein powders in the market. Whey protein concentrate, isolate, hydrolysate, plant based protein, casein, and others.
- You may face digestive issues like bloating, diarrhea, gas, cramps, and others in your starting days.
- Avoid the animal based protein if you are lactose intolerant and take plant based protein.
- Some of the high levels of whey protein can damage your kidney but that doesn’t mean a high protein meal can do the same harm.
- Liver needs protein to get repaired but too much protein supplement can convert into fats in absence of the right amount of exercise and damage the liver.
Though protein is crucial for overall health, try to take it from the natural sources as much as possible. Supplement has its own side effects that may be hard to recover.