It’s the world of digital and people are buying and selling things online. And future might be only of digital goods buying and selling. All Internet resources related to online trading can be divided into two main groups:
- Sites that allow visitors only to buy goods;
- Sites where you can both buy and sell goods.
The first group includes the so-called online stores or online stores. These are special sites that belong to some trading enterprises and are presented in the form of a clearly structured electronic catalog of goods. Using the menu of the online store, the visitor can find a suitable product like candy straws, view its photos, video reviews, get acquainted with the detailed characteristics, find out the price, ask a question about the product, read the reviews of people who have already bought the product, find out the terms of delivery, payment methods and other data.
Of course, through the online store you can buy goods. The process of purchasing in such a store is somewhat different from shopping in regular outlets, but the essence of this does not change. To buy something through the online store, you need to act according to the following scheme:
- Choose a suitable product in the store’s catalog;
- Choose from the options offered by the store, the most suitable methods of delivery and payment for the goods (read about this below);
- Place an order on the store’s website by filling out an application in which you indicate the product, your preferred method of delivery and payment, your address and contact details;
- Wait for the manager’s call, confirm your order over the phone, if necessary, clarify information about the place and time of receipt of the goods, method of payment, etc.;
- Wait for delivery and, in fact, receive and pay for the goods.
Each online store has its own specialization. There are shops for household appliances, electronics, building materials, clothing, etc. To find a suitable store on the Internet, you can use Google or any other search engine. It is enough to search for the phrase “electronics online store”, “clothes store” or others.
Online Auctions & AD sites
The second group is resources where you can not only buy something, but also sell it. This group includes:
- Internet auctions;
- Ad sites.
An online auction is a site where goods are sold and bought on the basis of an auction. That is, the product goes to the buyer who offered the highest price for it.
The procedure for using online auctions is approximately the following:
- Find a suitable online auction (using a search engine);
- Register on it by filling out a form. Usually, it is necessary to indicate information about yourself, your contact details, address of residence, etc. In it. This information is verified by the site administration. Each registered user is provided with a login and password;
- Enter the site using the login and password received during registration;
- If you need to buy something – find the product in the site’s catalog and take part in the auction, outbidding the price of competing buyers (as in a real auction). For each product, auctions are conducted for a certain time. After it expires, the goods will go to the person who offered the highest price;
- If you need to sell a product, add information about it to the auction. In this case, it is necessary to make a description of the product, its photos, set the initial cost, the timing of the auction, etc. In case of a successful auction, transfer the goods and receive money. If the product is not bought, you can put it up for sale again by changing the conditions.
Internet auctions, as a rule, act as intermediaries between buyers and sellers, not only in the bidding process, but also in matters of delivery of goods and transfer of money. To a certain extent, this is an additional guarantee of the security of transactions. Each auction has its own rules. It is imperative to adhere to them, otherwise the violator may be fined or blocked without the possibility of re-registration. For its services, the auction receives a certain percentage of each transaction.