Is it difficult to pin down her preferences? Consider purchasing a loose gem. If you pick the diamond first from a diamond store and then get the setting designed, you will include her in the styling and final design of the ring (always a smart idea) and eliminate the awkwardness of picking an engagement ring that is more to your taste than hers from diamond ring stores.
Determine which diamond form is best for her. If she hasn’t already made it easier for you by expressing an opinion on the matter (or admiring someone else’s engagement ring), here are a few items to remember while shopping for an engagement ring in Denver.
The first piece of advice for purchasing a diamond engagement ring is to understand the 4Cs: color, cut, clarity, and carat weight. The 4Cs, developed by GIA, is the universal standard for measuring diamond quality and allowing you to match one diamond to another.
- She will be wearing this ring 24*7 for the rest of your marriage. It must match everything from denim to evening wear. If you’re not sure about her preferences, stick to the classics. They are icons, and they cater to the majority of people the majority of the time.
- Certain shapes work better with other gems in multi-stone rings. Round, oval, and marquise shapes are all suitable. The Pear and Heart shapes are more difficult.
- If she likes smooth, modern lines in furniture, for example, she is likely to respond favorably to the same aesthetic in Rectangular or Square forms, such as the Emerald Cut or Princess Cut. If she prefers the conventional, a round form is almost always a safe bet. More bohemian personalities choose more unconventional forms, such as Trilliant or Marquise.
Remember her lifestyle and how much a certain setting would blend into it when designing the actual setting. If she is busier or likes to be outside, search for a lower profile, less ornate, more durable options that are less likely to get bumped or stuck on objects. Look for statement settings with a higher stone profile and more elaborate ring details or a special pattern if she is more of a glamorous girl.
Whatever your choice, ensure you do not regret your decisions later on. To make sure such incidents do not occur, here are some tips you must take into account before making the engagement ring purchase.
- Don’t fall for trends- Your engagement ring is a symbol of love between you and your fiance. Do not just purchase what you thought was the best one.
- The size of the ring doesn’t matter- Again, do not choose a bigger or pricier ring just because you want to keep your woman happy. It will be a ring she will wear every day, so it should be convenient and safe to carry around.
- Consider choosing a unique ring- If you want, you can make your loved one feel special with a customized ring that is sure to win her heart over. You can think out-of-the-box and come up with a ring that she’ll love to show off.
- Always take someone along- This is a big investment and you may not need to visit the jeweler anytime again. It is best to take along a friend or your mom with you to help you choose the right engagement ring.
A few last words
This may be the first time you visit a jeweler. Just ensure you do not do things in a hurry and make an informed decision with the help of your friends or family. Your engagement ring will always remind her of you, and it should be of a design, color, and budget that matches your stature.